Toyota Repair/when to stop taking new car to dealer for maintenance

We bought a 2013 Lexus CT200H and a 2014 Mazda 3 new from the dealers. Of course the dealers want us to bring the cars back for regular maintenance and oil change and we did a few times, but they charge much more than a place like Jiffy Lube. Is there any reason for me to pay more to keep bringing the cars back to the dealers other than software updates or recall issues?

The only reason may be to keep the warranty in full effect, check your warranty booklet for details. Most cars today don't need the maintenance of cars about 10 years ago, they just are made better and there is new oil and lubrication technology, just follow the recommendations in your owners manual and if you have work done elsewhere save all your receipts, you'll need them if anything goes wrong under the warranty.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems