Toyota Repair/Radiator

Question
QUESTION: I have an error on my dash of "check eng light" and "trac control." several technicians have tried to diagnose it and the error code in the OBD-1 sensor is 71. I have replaced the EGR, it's "transducer" the associated heat sensor, hoses, etc. yet I still get the code. Someone mentioned it could be the throttle body? Make any sense to you?

ANSWER: hello, I need to know the model and year it is and what engine it has,.

QUESTION: Sorry, I'm an idiot...1994 Toyota Supra TT 2JZGTE MT

ANSWER: hello, the throttle body could be the problem, the egr passage inside the throttle body could have carbon build up in it to prevent enough egr gas from entering the intake, the code 71 is for insufficient egr gas flow which is measured by the temp sensor on the egr housing, check the throttle body opening inside first, I would just remove it from the intake, then you can check the passage through the cylinder head as well, in some cases the passage from the valve to the throttle body can get clogged up as well.

QUESTION: I am contemplating a new radiator on my 1994 Toyota Supra TT. It is stock but the OEM radiator seems to fail, I've been through several, like 4 or 5 lost count, out in the SW desert. I am thinking of a Mishimoto aluminum radiator. Would you suggest that might be a good replacement for the stock one and furthermore, red or green fluid and distilled or tap water? How about there oil cooler and cooling fan shroud set that seems to be part and parcel with the radiator, should I go all the way there?

Answer
Since a few radiators have already been tried have you thought about that it may not be the problem?  These engines are prone to headgasket failures, I think I would do a combustion leak test first before replacing the radiator again, you can get an inexpensive test kit at the autoparts store , may be well worth finding out of there is an internal combustion leak.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter