Toyota Repair/93 Previa starting problems

After cleaning the battery terminal and testing the new starter to verify it works, my 93 Previa automatic still won't start.

It started when I hot wired the input to the starter solenoid or relay.

The battery is fairly new and measures 12.7 volts even a couple days after charging it.

Is there a fuse or something in the path to starter solenoid that can be replaced?

If the cars runs after jumping the starter relay, does that mean the AM2 fuse is good?

When I tested the old starter, it would kick out the solenoid, but wouldn't spin.  Can a broken starter cause something else to fail?

I also tried moving the gear shift around.

Hello, since you were able to start it by directly putting voltage to the solenoid it means there is an open circuit between the switch and the starter, does it start by going directly from the starter relay by applying voltage directly to a terminal in the fuse box? Go to the ignition switch and put power to the black white wire, I don't have a diagram handy for this model, it may be a black yellow wire that goes directly to the starter, if that works it eliminates the ignition switch then try bypassing the neutral start switch.  

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems