Toyota Repair/2000 Toyota Solara V6 3.2L engine AC problem

Question
Hi Ted:

I have a 2000 Toyota Solara V6 3.2L engine. The AC will not blow cool or cold on humid days, (example last Friday it was 70 to 73 degrees here, but humid, and the AC would not cool). Last summer the dealership checked the AC system out and recharged it. It will freeze you out when the weather is not humid. When it does this, I can drive it home, let it sit under the carport, and the next morning it is fine. Sometimes it can sit under the carport a few hours, and the AC would blow cold. Any suggestions of what else to check?

Answer
hello, you're going to have to have a a/c shop take a look at this, they should check the freon pressures and see what happens to them when this problem occurs, I kind of suspect that the expansion valve is malfunctioning causing the evaporator to freeze up, when that happens the Freon stops circulating and there is no cold air.  

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter