Toyota Repair/Truck starts and then dies

hello, i just bought an 88' totyota xtracab 2.5 days ago and this morning it would start and immediately die tried a few times and then gave up since i had to go to work

Hello, there are a few things that can cause this:
Loss of spark, check for spark to the spark plugs
Loss of fuel pressure, possible fuel pump failure
Blown fuse in the fuse box under the hood, EFI and ign fuses
large air leak on the intake system, intake air hose off
Loss of rpm signal from the distributor pickup sensor
check for diagnostic codes in the check connector under the hood
Check these things and let me know the out come and I'll get back to you soon.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems