Toyota Repair/Gas cap and engine code

Question
An engine check code on my 2001, standard Echo showed that it was most likely the gas cap which was replaced.
I had the code removed and now need to have an inspection.
I have received different answers regarding passing the inspection.
Does my car need to be driven on the highway for 60-80 miles in order to reset all the thingys so that it will clear the inspection?
Any advice? Thank you.
Also, if by chance my o2 sensor needs replacing, is this an easy fix? I read that it just clips on?

Answer
Hello, O2 sensors are bolted in or on to the exhaust manifold and requires some tools to replace, it is a good idea to drive the car at highway speeds for about 15 minutes to get everything warmed up to operating temperature, it increases the chances of passing.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter