Track & Field/50-yard dash question

Tatiana wrote at 2008-10-24 15:56:02
that guy that gave you an answer had no clue what he was talking about! i play soccer to i am a 12 year old girl and my 50 yard dash time on a soccer field is a little faster than 7.30 seconds. my couch says that is pretty fast and he has done track before. so if you really did run a 5.9 50 yard dash i think you should go for track and you probably would win a lot of races!

Tatiana Porretto=)

D. wrote at 2009-05-24 04:58:16
Joe,

In response to your question, and with all things considered (satisfactory health physical, parental approval, academic proficiency), I would say; Absolutely try out for the track team!  It does not conflict (usually) with soccer, and at the least, would help you to maintain condition in the off-season.  Some great runners and track athletes did not realize their potential until they took the chance and tried the sport.  By all means, give it a shot and if you have the character, dedication and natural ability then you will be a success!

Rick McDowell wrote at 2014-04-13 21:37:59
Dick, you're full of it. This kid should definitely explore track IF he thinks he'll enjoy it. I ran a 5.9 50yd dash at 9 years old. However, this boy's time is VERY encouraging!

Track & Field

Richard Howland