Track & Field/names of the track relay positions

to.netp wrote at 2011-02-27 17:09:04
I BELIEVE THE NAMES WERE AS FOLLOWS:

FIRST LEG >> RABBIT

SECOND LEG >>

THIRD LEG >> GLUE

FOURTH >>

Can someone fill in the blank

Bob wrote at 2013-04-19 00:06:03
Dick Howland:

No problem,I happen to know of two other positions in a relay race. I myself often end up being the "Anchor," but I've also heard of the names of the 1st and 2nd positions, they are called the Starter and the Chaser, but I don't know what they call the 3rd one...sorry.

--Bob

ggg wrote at 2013-05-16 18:14:41
The starter is called "rabbit" and the last is "anchor"

moe-diggity wrote at 2015-05-01 07:59:35
I have heard the terms:

1 - Kicker (kicks off the relay)

2 - Hunter (Chases down next in line)

3 - Sniper (Finds next "prey")

4 - Anchor (self explanatory)

I've also heard groups call themselves the following:

1 - Ace/Deuce/Thrice/Kicker

2 - A/B/X/Y and Triangle/Square/X/Circle (buttons on xbox and playstation controllers)

3 - Uno/Dos/Tres/Quatro

4 - fast/faster/fastest/faster than y'all

5 - flash/superman/sonic/thor & batman (my anchor of this team always changed names depending on how the race went.  Thor would be when he brought the "hammer" down and batman when he "would shut the door/knock the lights out"

I've had some fun groups over the years.  

Track & Field

Richard Howland