Track & Field/shot and discus

Coach Jones wrote at 2012-11-20 17:25:15
I *am* a jh hs boys and girls coach in a small district where you *get* to do everything! :-) and the answer to this question is not that easy, so cut the coach some slack :-) at the link below it lists jh girls at ".75 kg" in Texas but i have been unable to find that weight to purchase. i am emailing our district chairperson now for clarification.

Track & Field

Richard Howland

I am a master USATF Track and Field official and can answer questions about officiating high school (NFHS), college (NCAA), National (USATF) and international in field events. I am not a coach except for other officials. My specialties are the Field events except pole vault.

I delight in meeting athletes from all backgrounds and ages. I have even officiated field events for a one hundred year old long jumper as well as many "Master" and "Senior" athletes. Special olympics is a great event for officials to volunteer and see the essence of good sport on the faces of the athletes. After thirty three years as a trial lawyer in Massachusetts with a focus on sports law, among others, I retired and devote much of my time to officiating. I referee soccer, time football, officiate swimming and diving, and officiate and start all events in track and field. My special focus in field events. In high school and college I played soccer, squash and lacrosse, but track was not available in any depth then. Since I was a lawyer I began officiating and training to officiate sports which I could fit into my schedule. I honestly do not remember when I first started track and field officiating, but estimate that I have been very active for at least fifteen years. I regularly officiate all events and levels.