Tractor Repair/Gears locked up in 430 Case Tractor

Richard wrote at 2015-06-03 02:07:32
Have the same problem. Have removed the shift mech,with difficulty. Took it to Rocky mmtn,Stienbach, MB, Can. For advise and found that when shifting into reverse that the shifter moved the fork too too far,maybe 3/8 inch, witch allowed the shifter to disingage from the reverse fork and move into the forward gear forks or wherever. Releasing the clutch must apply pressure and the reverse fork moves back to the detent slot on its rod thus preventing you from returning the shifter to the reverse position. On the reverse fork rod there is a 1.25 inch spacer on one side, so you can't shift into the no gear position "S", I made and installed a spacer .550 inch on the opposite side of the fork to prevent the over travel which I hope solves the problem. I haven't tried this yet, I live almost 2 hours from where the tractor sits and won't go back for some days. Am sending this so you don't rush out and buy expensive parts till you check this.

Tractor Repair

Uglymechanic aka Drew

Tractor repair on newer models of tractors from the last twenty or so years. Antique tractors are not my thing. Electrical , Hydraulic and Air Conditioning expert.

I have been a field service Mechanic for 13 years. I have worked for John Deere,Case IH,Kubota,and Bobcat Dealerships.

I have a AS degree in diesel Technology.I graduated from the California state apprenticeship program in Farm Equipment repair.

I am the only person as of 2004 to pass all of the technician tests for the OPE (outdoor power equipment) given by EETC (equipment and engine training council)