Tractor Repair/IH 706 tractor

Allen wrote at 2010-08-03 03:12:43
your ta is more likely the problem than your clutch, if weak it can and will slip on the low side trying to hold the weight of your tractor back

Bill wrote at 2010-09-23 17:13:17
in low range the torque amplifier will do this nomally. it has a sprag in it that lets the wheels go faster than the engine in low range. if this is happening on the high side then you have a problem.

tractor guy wrote at 2013-04-28 13:56:09
on IH tractors with torque amplifier, when it is in the low side it will NOT hold you back going downhill!  it is only for xtra power needed (without stopping to change gears) when engine is under hard pull.  if you need to go slower downhill stop at top with amplifier in direct drive (in forward position) and drop to a lower gear selection.

Tractor Repair

Uglymechanic aka Drew

Tractor repair on newer models of tractors from the last twenty or so years. Antique tractors are not my thing. Electrical , Hydraulic and Air Conditioning expert.

I have been a field service Mechanic for 13 years. I have worked for John Deere,Case IH,Kubota,and Bobcat Dealerships.

I have a AS degree in diesel Technology.I graduated from the California state apprenticeship program in Farm Equipment repair.

I am the only person as of 2004 to pass all of the technician tests for the OPE (outdoor power equipment) given by EETC (equipment and engine training council)