Tractor Repair/1079 john deere

Good evening,I just recently purchased a high hour 1070 john deere.wHEN I got it home I found out I have no 4wheel drive.Engagement lever seems to be working properly.Any help would be great.Thanks Richard

Richard, I would check the entire engagement linkage, and if that doesn't work,Jack up the front end and try to turn the wheels with the lever engaged....find out if it's making any noises out of the ordinary....if not, check the front has a shield over it, and the driveshaft may very well be broken.

Tractor Repair

I can answer most questions about tractor repair and implement repair. I have 35 years experience in ranching/farming, and have worked on a variety of tractors and implements, from light to heavy. I do all my own mechanical work.

I have been in the ranching/farming field for 35+ years and have used MANY different types of equipment

I have an M.Sc. in Physics.