Tractor Repair/1079 john deere

Question
Good evening,I just recently purchased a high hour 1070 john deere.wHEN I got it home I found out I have no 4wheel drive.Engagement lever seems to be working properly.Any help would be great.Thanks Richard

Answer
Richard, I would check the entire engagement linkage, and if that doesn't work,Jack up the front end and try to turn the wheels with the lever engaged....find out if it's making any noises out of the ordinary....if not, check the front driveshaft....it has a shield over it, and the driveshaft may very well be broken.

Tractor Repair

Taylor