Tractor Repair/ford 8n

Tractor mwill run good ,but when I engage the cutter, it will stall out in any gear including reverse, what can I do thankyou pat

Patrick, I will assume you are using the belly cutter that was a standard implement with the 8N....if so, dismount the cutter, check that all the bearings are ok and spinning freely. Otherwise, you may be losing power due to insufficient trans oil. Also, make sure that the tractor will take a different load and work OK. And if you don't find out through that simple troubleshooting, get back to me....I will ask my neighbor, who is an 8N collector.

Tractor Repair

I can answer most questions about tractor repair and implement repair. I have 35 years experience in ranching/farming, and have worked on a variety of tractors and implements, from light to heavy. I do all my own mechanical work.

I have been in the ranching/farming field for 35+ years and have used MANY different types of equipment

I have an M.Sc. in Physics.