Tractor Repair/1370 Case hydraulics sticking

Question
Hello

The hydraulics intermittently stick on my 1370 case. When raising or lowering attached equipment this results in 2 things happening.
1. When pushing the lever nothing happens.
2. The lever is pushed and the hydraulic sticks on after release.

This behavior doesn't happen all the time but does happen often. The hydraulics are strong enough to lift everything when they don't stick.

The oil level is good. All gauges are in the green.

I'm looking for some advice as to what is the most likely cause and how best to troubleshoot it.

Lever linkage?
control valve spools?
screens or filters?
hydraulic pump?

Answer
Kevin, this is probably a matter of cleaning your hydraulic system completely....the spools, the screens, change the filters, lube your linkage....just a good flush out of foreign materials....this is a peculiarity of Case hydraulics...they like to be very very clean.

Tractor Repair

Taylor