Tractor Repair/885xl fuel line

I have an 885xl case (1989), it's been parked up for a few weeks, it's turning over but won't fire, there is no diesel flow from the tank, I have tried manually lifting the diesel in the line using vacuum, fuel comes through but dies away, tank is half full. I am assuming the tank line is blocked I have blown it back with compressed air but it still won't lift the fuel even with hand pump. Does the tank have to be removed to clean ?

Hi Mick....Sorry I am late answering, I was herding cattle for a couple of days. Before you remove the tank, take out the lines and clean them completely. Then if the weather has been extremely cold, add fuel conditioner to the tank. But I am thinking along the lines of blocked lines...

Tractor Repair

I can answer most questions about tractor repair and implement repair. I have 35 years experience in ranching/farming, and have worked on a variety of tractors and implements, from light to heavy. I do all my own mechanical work.

I have been in the ranching/farming field for 35+ years and have used MANY different types of equipment

I have an M.Sc. in Physics.