Tractor Repair/Kubota B7100 stuck in gear

My old Kubota B7100 is stuck in gear. the hi-Lo works OK and I can put the PTO in and out of gear. The clutch works fine. It is stuck in 3rd, I think, and will not come out by manipulating the shift.

OK, Richard. Sounds like a stuck shifting fork, or a bent slide. You can take a deadblow hammer, have another person depress the clutch while the tractor is idling, and tap the linkage until it pops into neutral....that should free you up and then you can do further diagnostics.

Tractor Repair

I can answer most questions about tractor repair and implement repair. I have 35 years experience in ranching/farming, and have worked on a variety of tractors and implements, from light to heavy. I do all my own mechanical work.

I have been in the ranching/farming field for 35+ years and have used MANY different types of equipment

I have an M.Sc. in Physics.