Tractor Repair/TD-9 International Crawler

Question
Gas engine runs great and Diesel engine runs great when it runs but now the Diesel side all the sudden stops like its run out of fuel. tried to start it again then the Diesel side would not turn over. I have cleaned all the plugs and the fuel filter  worked for about 7 min then stopped again when I went to power up it lost power and died. what do I try now?

Answer
I think this is a fuel problem, John. I would check your fuel lines and tank for corrosion, then check the output on your injector pump. Also, the injector bodies themselves may be eroded to the point of replacement. It doesn't take much corrosion/erosion to make running a problem. Also, make sure that your oil is clean and that there is no fuel blow-by into your oil...that would indicate a major rebuild needed in the pistons/bores.

Tractor Repair

Taylor