Tractor Repair/1466 steering problem

Question
tractor steering works fine until temps fall below freezing. then steering will not work, also clutch and breaks will not work. if I idle tractor and spin steering wheel back and forth for about 30 minutes it finally will break free and everything works fine. feels like something lets go and it works fine.

any ideas?

Answer
This is a common problem , Scott..and the only way around it is to give your tractor plenty of warm-up time, make SURE you have no water via condensation in your hydraulic lines, and the use of a hydraulic oil conditioner for extreme cold weather is a good idea as well. Hydro fluid just doesn't want to move until it gets to a viable temp. Good luck. I go through the same thing on my old Allis....

Tractor Repair

Taylor