Tractor Repair/1979 970 case hydraulics

Question
hey there I've got a '79 970 case tractor that when you function the hydraulic levers on either remote they work only 1 way when position the lever opposite way it works briefly then stops completely and it sounds like the hydraulic system is labouring still. any ideas? I've drained the fuel tank but can't seem to get the tank off so that I can get deeper into this problem thanks in advance

Answer
Matthew, it a good bet that your hydraulic blocks are clogged, or your hydraulic system is dirty. Clean out what you can as much as possible, replace the filters, clean all hydraulic screens, etc. The blocks that the lever extends from should be cleaned and lubricated too. That should solve your problem.

Tractor Repair

Taylor