Tractor Repair/430 Case IH 3 point hitch

Question
I have a Case 430 IH with loader. I hooked up my snow blower and when I lifted it the 3 point hitch started to drop and oil started leaking out around the gear shift leaver. Before I open it what should I be looking for and is it possible the blowers to heavy.

Answer
Ray, I doubt that the blower is too heavy. You may have a bad seal in the hydraulics, Or you may have overfilled the hydraulics...either of those things will cause the hydraulics to sag, but I can't stress enough that having CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN hydraulic oil and filters (and any screens) on a Case product is of paramount importance, because they are finicky in that respect.

Tractor Repair

Taylor