Tractor Repair/ford 6600 tractor

Question
My 6600 started losing power steering fluid a few  weeks ago.It seems to lose it in about 6-8 hrs of use. I see no visible signs
of a leak.where could the problem be?

Answer
Carefully examine your steering system. You may have a stuck valve in the unit which would INDICATE low fluid level, when in fact, there is sufficient fluid in the system. It begs the question, how MUCH steering fluid are you losing? If your system is empty after 6-8 hours, you have a leak. Check the pump when it is running, and trace your lines from the pump. IF your hoses are routed too close to a heat source (exhaust) there may be a boil-off problem. You will need to re-route in that case. CHECK THE TEMPERATURE of the power steering fluid after a few hours' use.  

Tractor Repair

Taylor