Tractor Repair/ford 6600 tractor

My 6600 started losing power steering fluid a few  weeks ago.It seems to lose it in about 6-8 hrs of use. I see no visible signs
of a leak.where could the problem be?

Carefully examine your steering system. You may have a stuck valve in the unit which would INDICATE low fluid level, when in fact, there is sufficient fluid in the system. It begs the question, how MUCH steering fluid are you losing? If your system is empty after 6-8 hours, you have a leak. Check the pump when it is running, and trace your lines from the pump. IF your hoses are routed too close to a heat source (exhaust) there may be a boil-off problem. You will need to re-route in that case. CHECK THE TEMPERATURE of the power steering fluid after a few hours' use.  

Tractor Repair

I can answer most questions about tractor repair and implement repair. I have 35 years experience in ranching/farming, and have worked on a variety of tractors and implements, from light to heavy. I do all my own mechanical work.

I have been in the ranching/farming field for 35+ years and have used MANY different types of equipment

I have an M.Sc. in Physics.