Tractor Repair/495 case ih steering problem

The power steering on my case ih 495 isn't working correctly. It is hard to turn the steering wheel more so as the tractor warms up. All the other hydraulics seem to work okay(lift and axulliary valve

This is a typical problem with Case and Allis Chalmers tractors, and is almost always caused by a stuck hydraulic valve. Make sure all your levers are centered in the neutral position. Also, make sure your hydro fluid is at the proper level...another good diagnostic is to take the weight off the front of the tractor and check the steering with the engine running and the front wheels off the ground. If you have an obstruction in the hydraulic line, or a faulty hydraulic pump, the symptoms will be the same.

Tractor Repair

I can answer most questions about tractor repair and implement repair. I have 35 years experience in ranching/farming, and have worked on a variety of tractors and implements, from light to heavy. I do all my own mechanical work.

I have been in the ranching/farming field for 35+ years and have used MANY different types of equipment

I have an M.Sc. in Physics.