Tractor Repair/495 case ih steering problem

Question
The power steering on my case ih 495 isn't working correctly. It is hard to turn the steering wheel more so as the tractor warms up. All the other hydraulics seem to work okay(lift and axulliary valve

Answer
This is a typical problem with Case and Allis Chalmers tractors, and is almost always caused by a stuck hydraulic valve. Make sure all your levers are centered in the neutral position. Also, make sure your hydro fluid is at the proper level...another good diagnostic is to take the weight off the front of the tractor and check the steering with the engine running and the front wheels off the ground. If you have an obstruction in the hydraulic line, or a faulty hydraulic pump, the symptoms will be the same.

Tractor Repair

Taylor