Tractor Repair/560 farmall

i was working ground with our 560 diesel factory non ta. i pushed the clutch in let it back out and it just stopped and will not move now.  i can put it in and out of gear without pushing the clutch in. im guessing a broken transmission shaft but im not sure. it didnt make any big noises or anything when it happened. if it is the shaft is that a big deal to fix?

Jared, I think your diagnosis is will have to break the tractor and dis-assemble the trans, install the new shaft, but if you are a reasonably good mechanic, it should be a piece of cake....AND, while you're at it....replace any other worn parts while you're in there. Inspect EVERYTHING and if anything shows undue wear, replace it. Good luck! I love those old 560's!!

Tractor Repair

I can answer most questions about tractor repair and implement repair. I have 35 years experience in ranching/farming, and have worked on a variety of tractors and implements, from light to heavy. I do all my own mechanical work.

I have been in the ranching/farming field for 35+ years and have used MANY different types of equipment

I have an M.Sc. in Physics.