Tractor Repair/Case 2290 PTO runs slow

Question
I have a Case 2290 with 540/1000 PTO. When you pull the cable to engage, the PTO runs slowly and with limited power. It will (usually) eventually engage and run with enthusiasm. I have cleaned the pump inlet screen and filters, removed, disassembled and cleaned the PTO/flow divider and the he pressure at the PTO clutch tube is 95 psi.

Answer
You might want to call Case and ask them what the PSI norm is at the tube....and make sure that you are not over-filling the hydraulic fluid.....that can lead to backflow, which takes a while to rectify....I know the pump flow on that model is 23gpm......so 95psi sounds a little low to me....here's a source to email for complete specs: Peter@TractorData.com
Good luck!

Tractor Repair

Taylor