Tractor Repair/Case IH 885 no hydraulics

Hi, I bought a 1990 Case IH 885 with 3700 hours on it this past spring. Got the tractor home used it for 2 hours or so and lost a hydraulics. I replaced the pump, the pilot relief valve and changed the filter and put new fluid in. That somewhat fixed the problem the hydraulics worked but I only had 800 psi at 1000 rpms. I put 16 hours on the tractor making hay this summer and then parked it in the shed. I started the tractor the other day for the first time since then and I have no hydraulics again. I pulled the pump an relief valve out and had them checked and they are fine. I'm not sure what to do now. Any ideas? Thanks

Sounds like you're having a tough time, David.....Try a new filter and new hydraulic oil, make sure all the screens are spotless, and CHECK your hydraulic valve might be plugged with foreign material. Good luck! If that doesn't help, you may have a bad diverter/divider.

Tractor Repair

I can answer most questions about tractor repair and implement repair. I have 35 years experience in ranching/farming, and have worked on a variety of tractors and implements, from light to heavy. I do all my own mechanical work.

I have been in the ranching/farming field for 35+ years and have used MANY different types of equipment

I have an M.Sc. in Physics.