Tractor Repair/case-ih 895 crankshaft

Question
I have a case-ih 895 with a broke crankshaft inside the motor behind the harmonic balancer. the tractor had a crank put in it about 4 or 5 years ago do to scarring. what could or would cause the crank to break there?

Answer
Well, Johnathan, there's a few different scenarios that could cause this problem.....depending on the type of usage the tractor has....you might check your pto bearing, and when you are working, use the highest rpm possible to avoid engine laboring....check your thrust bearing as well, when you replace the crank....Case tractors are fickle in that regard. Good luck!

Tractor Repair

Taylor