Tractor Repair/clutch 8n ford (51)

Question
Purchased from neighbor, operated 14 years said it had bad clutch. bump it in gear drove it home. clutch  would not disengage. new clutch kit, resurfaced flywheel same problem. acts like stuck disk. can you help?

Answer
Well. You may well have a stuck disc.....which would entail breaking the tractor apart....but there are other causes, as well...a disengaged throwout, for example. Or, the gear it is in has bound up the shaft making disengagement impossible....Open the top of the trans and look for metal filings or foreign objects....then, try to disengage the gear while the tractor is running and moving in a straight line.....if it won't come out of gear, it looks like a transmission rebuild might be in order. Good luck!

Tractor Repair

Taylor