Tractor Repair/clutch 8n ford (51)

Purchased from neighbor, operated 14 years said it had bad clutch. bump it in gear drove it home. clutch  would not disengage. new clutch kit, resurfaced flywheel same problem. acts like stuck disk. can you help?

Well. You may well have a stuck disc.....which would entail breaking the tractor apart....but there are other causes, as well...a disengaged throwout, for example. Or, the gear it is in has bound up the shaft making disengagement impossible....Open the top of the trans and look for metal filings or foreign objects....then, try to disengage the gear while the tractor is running and moving in a straight line.....if it won't come out of gear, it looks like a transmission rebuild might be in order. Good luck!

Tractor Repair

I can answer most questions about tractor repair and implement repair. I have 35 years experience in ranching/farming, and have worked on a variety of tractors and implements, from light to heavy. I do all my own mechanical work.

I have been in the ranching/farming field for 35+ years and have used MANY different types of equipment

I have an M.Sc. in Physics.