Tractor Repair/craftsman 44" 16hp lown mower

is the older box style model I was just wondering why the tractor would keep trying to go whenever you push the brake and clutch in

Hi Randy.....there's a couple of scenarios that would make your tractor do this....improper belt adjustment is one of them, but the other is that the centrifugal clutch on the tractor is worn or out of adjustment. But that is to check your belts and pulleys, then adjust your clutch/brake pedal. Make sure you adjust the pedal travel in small increments, until you get the correct "feel". Good luck!

Tractor Repair

I can answer most questions about tractor repair and implement repair. I have 35 years experience in ranching/farming, and have worked on a variety of tractors and implements, from light to heavy. I do all my own mechanical work.

I have been in the ranching/farming field for 35+ years and have used MANY different types of equipment

I have an M.Sc. in Physics.