Tractor Repair/656 hydrostaticf4rg

Question
I have a 656 hydro when u go to reverse it wants to go foward. It went from working fine to not working at all.

Answer
Doug, there are 2 scenarios here. First, you might have a linkage problem that is causing this, but that's not likely. You should change your hydrostat filter and replace the hydrostatic fluid and check to see if that cures the problem. If not, there is something in the hydrostat valve body that is broken or jammed.....and this may indicate changing a clutch pack as well. Try the simplest solutions first.....and good luck. The 656 hydrostat is arguably one of the best IH tractors ever made, it's worth it to keep it running,

Tractor Repair

Taylor