Tractor Repair/International Harvester

Question
I have a IH 444 gas tractor. It has been running fine until today. I was blading roads and it got hot but not over heated.  From that point on, ever time I put it under a load, the engine bogs down and nearly dies. It will start fine and idle ok also. Any help would be appreciated..

Woody

Answer
Woody, this is probably a top end problem. Get a good compression gauge and check all the cylinders while you are cranking it. I believe you will find that one or even more of them are not properly compressing. If this is the case, a valve job, head milling, and a new head gasket will do the trick.

Tractor Repair

Taylor