Tractor Repair/tractor and trailer suspensions

Question
we had a Mack tractor pulling a live bottom trailer recently and the air suspension failed on the trailer - what type of damage could we expect to see done the tractor if this trailer were pulled loaded for approximately 100kms.

Answer
George, as long as you take it easy on the pulling, it's going to be very bumpy and stiff, but as long as you don't bottom out the trailer completely, and you're gentle, you probably won't break an axle. Slow and steady does it until you can get to repairs. The optimum scenario, pulling it empty, apparently isn't an option. So go slow, and be gentle.

Tractor Repair

Taylor