Tractor Repair/injector pump removal

I was told my cav injector pump could be removed witout getting the whole thing out of time, is this so or should  be doing some lining up of things before I remove it.this is for a Hesston fiat 580 3 cylinder, I was told pump would only go on 1 way.

Well, it IS a pain to change it. BUT, if you carefully mark and reference the position of the pump, pull it STRAIGHT out without moving the gears, and reference the new pump EXACTLY as the old one was indexed, you won't have a problem. Be very very careful not to move anything.

Tractor Repair

I can answer most questions about tractor repair and implement repair. I have 35 years experience in ranching/farming, and have worked on a variety of tractors and implements, from light to heavy. I do all my own mechanical work.

I have been in the ranching/farming field for 35+ years and have used MANY different types of equipment

I have an M.Sc. in Physics.