Traditional Catholics/Peter's denial

In Luke22:32 our Lord said He would pray that Peter's faith would not fail. But didn't that happen inspite of our Lord's prayer when he denied Him three times?

The full answer to that prayer came after that threefold denial, as in that very passage it is clear that Jesus knew that Peter's denials would precede his rock-steady Faith.  Peter was, after all, at that time still a disciple and not yet an apostle, and not yet set over the Church as he would be at the birth of the Church on Pentecost.
Knowing that Peter would deny Him those three times He then told Peter that after that, and after he repents and is converted, that he was to be the one to confirm and strengthen his brethren, his fellow disciples-soon-to-be-apostles.
And it wasn't really so much his Faith that gave out but his boldness.  Under pressure he became afraid to proclaim what he knew to be true about Jesus Christ, but it wasn't that he in any way questioned it or doubted it.  Peter's faith did not fail, only his boldness to proclaim it, for that one extraordinary night.

Traditional Catholics

Griff Ruby

I focus on the "why" and "how" questions of the Faith and one`s need for the Church to overcome sin, live the life God wishes us, and to become what God wants us to be. My areas of expertise are particularly in the areas of practical morality, theology, Scripture, history, and personal problems and dilemmas that people face. It is important to bring a sense of proportion to the recent and current ecclesiastical situation that makes necessary having to add the clarification "traditional" to "Catholic," for a "traditional Catholic" today is simply what anyone would have called a "Catholic" only 60 years ago, and so on clear back to the beginning. I seek to provide insight and information such that you are then able to see for yourself the answer to your questions. Homework problems and trivia questions may be refused, and I am not interested in using Allexperts as a debating forum.

Years of extensive research, thought, and prayerful meditation on many of the issues that trouble Catholics today, taught catechetical classes to teenagers and adults, answered many questions already as Allexperts volunteer in Catholics category.

Legion of Mary, Knights of Columbus

Book: The Resurrection of the Roman Catholic Church Articles published in: DailyCatholic, The Four Marks

I have an Engineering degree from University of California, Santa Barbara, however this obviously has extremely little bearing on my expertise here other than to document the level of my education in general.

I have been an Allexperts volunteer in the category of Catholics since at least as far back as 2001, having answered over 800 questions from over 600 different people.