Traditional Catholics/eucharist

Question
Hello and thank you for taking my question. I would like to know about John 6:53 "Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you."

From reading this I would have to conclude that only catholics who take the eucharist have "Life within them." Do not some protestants who have never received the eucharist also have life within them. Please elaborate on this as I am having a hard time understanding it all. Thank you.

Answer
There is no denying that Protestants, who, as a result of their defective theology, end up not eating the flesh of the Son of Man and drinking his blood, are in a very bad way.  This awesome means of God's grace is therefore not available to them, hence their need (clear back to the days of Martin Luther and John Calvin) for "doctrines" amounting to a person not needed to be the least bit saintly in order to be saved, only "believing."  The Protestants could not pull their followers out of the muck and mire of their own sins, so true spiritual development and maturation had to give way to vacuous declarations of empty faith without works.
This is not to deny that there may well exist that rare Protestant who somehow manages to rise above such temptations and, thought they too do not know any better (for indeed if such a soul did they would no longer be Protestant), God's mercy might apply to them.  But they practically have to do it all in their own limited human power.
As far as the sacraments go, a person has the life of Christ in them as they receive the Sacraments (or proceed towards them as they ought, for example as catechumens), even before actual reception of the Holy Eucharist, and even in some cases, who die before having a chance to receive it, for example baptized children who die before their first communion would have been made.  What God goes by is the choices of the person, not how far circumstances enable the one making them to carry them out.  Apart from such rare and exceptional cases, the person who sets to eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood shall actually come to do so as that requires no great and lengthy achievement.

Traditional Catholics

Griff Ruby