Traditional Catholics/LOM Active Member's Participation in a Norvus Ordo Parish

Can an active member of the Legion of Mary, who chooses to be a Traditional Catholic, still participate in a Norvus Ordo Church's LOM praesidium?

If there is no traditional Catholic praesidium nearby (a common enough occurrence), membership in a Paesidium might be permitted providing it is clear that you are a traditional Catholic, where you go to Church, and if they are willing to count you as a member in the full sense (capable of holding an office, etc.).  The Legion was created by the Church, and therefore rightfully belongs to the Church (and not to the Novus Ordo), but you will also have to look to the members of this praesidium to see if they are genuinely Catholic-at-heart or mere modernists (unlikely but possible), as for example one I knew of in my time with such (before they removed me from all offices on account of my Catholicism) where the person would "sing" the rosary in "tongues" in all Protestant (?) Pentecostal manner.
But finally, it does not hurt to consult your traditional priest for his guidance on this, for he does have the authority to lay down whether you should permit yourself such an involvement or not.  I recommend an appointment with him to discuss this in detail, and to be ready in all humble submission to whatever his guidance would be.  But if he is OK with it, and if the Praesidium is OK with having a fully practicing Catholic with them, then I don't see why not.

Traditional Catholics

Griff Ruby

I focus on the "why" and "how" questions of the Faith and one`s need for the Church to overcome sin, live the life God wishes us, and to become what God wants us to be. My areas of expertise are particularly in the areas of practical morality, theology, Scripture, history, and personal problems and dilemmas that people face. It is important to bring a sense of proportion to the recent and current ecclesiastical situation that makes necessary having to add the clarification "traditional" to "Catholic," for a "traditional Catholic" today is simply what anyone would have called a "Catholic" only 60 years ago, and so on clear back to the beginning. I seek to provide insight and information such that you are then able to see for yourself the answer to your questions. Homework problems and trivia questions may be refused, and I am not interested in using Allexperts as a debating forum.

Years of extensive research, thought, and prayerful meditation on many of the issues that trouble Catholics today, taught catechetical classes to teenagers and adults, answered many questions already as Allexperts volunteer in Catholics category.

Legion of Mary, Knights of Columbus

Book: The Resurrection of the Roman Catholic Church Articles published in: DailyCatholic, The Four Marks

I have an Engineering degree from University of California, Santa Barbara, however this obviously has extremely little bearing on my expertise here other than to document the level of my education in general.

I have been an Allexperts volunteer in the category of Catholics since at least as far back as 2001, having answered over 800 questions from over 600 different people.