Traditional Catholics/What about the other

Question
QUESTION: As traditional Catholics what should we think of people in our current day that claim to be the "Pope". For example someone like "Pope Michael". Are we allowed to deny their claimant to the papacy? Or are we obligated to accept them because they are more traditional than the "Popes" in Rome?

Thanks and God bless.

ANSWER: In this context, "more traditional" has been only relative.  And it is not enough.  The few such "popes" extant today either have bizarre doctrines and practices (Palmar de Troya) or else reject all known Catholic clerics, thereby effectively "excommunicating" the entire Church.  As the theologians teach, if a pope were to excommunicate the entire Church, by doing that he would simply mark himself as a schismatic, and thereby have merely instead separated himself from the Church.  So even were any of these "popes" capable of having had legitimate elections, they have one and all disqualified themselves.
The fact remains that each of the persons who has done this have one and all been so obviously unqualified as Catholic teachers that declaring themselves "pope" merely becomes a way to get out of having to explain doctrines they cannot explain:  "This is so because the Pope so teaches," the "Pope" in this case being themselves.
It takes more than anything so far mustered by any of these little "popes" to make a conclave "work," in particular the cooperation, support, and promised obedience of the Church.  If the traditional clerics of all traditional orders were to organize such a conclave, committing themselves to the effort and pledging support and obedience to the result, and then with the election of someone to be pope, they all do submit, then that pope would truly be pope.  Lay and consecrated religious Catholics at large would have little choice but to accept the pope if they wish to receive any sacraments or continue their association with the Church.  That is all the acceptance the man would need; what the Novus Ordo group would think of it all is immaterial.
But as that has not happened, the Church is truly popeless, not merely on the basis of the failure in Vatican City, but more importantly for the lack of recognized living authority for all Catholics.  All that is needed is the will to do it, and the way will present itself.

QUESTION: would it be considered sinful to pray with other "Christians"? Protestants Lutherans ex....?

thanks god bless

ANSWER: I cite Moral Theology by Fr. Heribert Jone, Article IV, 125, page 70:

It is forbidden to sing, play the organ or other instruments in the religious services of non-Catholics. - But it is not forbidden  to pray or sing privately with heretics if the prayers or songs are not heretical and no scandal is given.

I think the stress is to be put on "privately," e. g. persons in a home, or saying Grace over a meal, or praying for each other's health and well-being, and so forth.  "Foxhole Christians" in a war may pray together for their safety through the war, or that if they must die, that they may die honorably and in God's grace.

QUESTION: Is it really that sinful to purchase things on Sunday? what if it is just food? say you and your family where at Sunday mass and then after you wanted to go out for breakfast. would something like that really be prohibited on sunday?

thanks and god bless

Answer
Necessary purchases, like police and firemen and doctors, are always permitted.  If purchases of obvious basics like milk or eggs were not taken care of on other days, one might question one's planning, but I don't see where a failure to make good planning such that nothing would need to be purchased on a Sunday could be anything more than a venial sin, if even that.  I would avoid any shopping which can realistically wait for some other day.
As to going to restaurants on a Sunday, I have no clear information one way or the other.  Sunday breakfasts after Mass seem so common and commonly accepted that it's hard to imagine its being a sin, but the exact nature of what would excuse it I do not know.
The Moral Theology book I have been quoting (Jone) does not mention eating at or working at a restaurant on a Sunday, one way or the other.  Perhaps some other expert has come across something on this that I have not?  Sorry I can't do more with this particular question.

Traditional Catholics

Griff Ruby