Traditional Catholics/Sin, or Sinner?

Question
Is man a sinner, because he sins, or because of what he is from birth?

Sincerely

Bobby

Answer
Either original sin or our own actual sins alone would render us "sinners," (and all of us would have or have had both, one we are indeed born with, and the other we commit ourselves) but the one can be readily washed away in the waters of Baptism, while the other is what God agrees to work with us on in this life, overcoming actual sins, reducing their magnitude with that ultimate goal of eliminating them altogether when we enter Heaven.

Even the greatest of saints, while in this life, still sins, though only most venially, for example by permitting a moment's distraction to their prayer, or neglecting some easily forgettable small duty, etc. but even the righteous man falls seven times a day (Proverbs 24:16), how much more the rest of us.

Traditional Catholics

Griff Ruby