Traditional Catholics/Substitution?

quote...I focus on the "why" and "how" questions of the Faith and one`s need for the Church to overcome sin, live the life God wishes us, and to become what God wants us to be. unquote.

What? Has the " church " taken upon itself, the role of the Holy Spirit Himself? The " Church " can never be the procurer of the overcoming of sin, or living the Christlike life, He promised by the Holy Spirits working in the believer!

Where would one get the idea the " church " has the power of Christ?

From Christ Himself:  "He who hears you hears Me" (Luke 10:16), "And he gave some apostles, and some prophets, and other some evangelists, and other some pastors and doctors" (Ephesians 4:11), and so many other verses.  Christ did not merely spew some ideas "out there" for people to like or not, but founded a Church, giving it the power to act in His name "Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained." (John 20:23), "And if he will not hear them: tell the church. And if he will not hear the church, let him be to thee as the heathen and publican.  Amen I say to you, whatsoever you shall bind upon earth, shall be bound also in heaven; and whatsoever you shall loose upon earth, shall be loosed also in heaven." (Matthew 18:17-18)
Looking at all the effort He spent towards educating and training the disciples, it is bizarre to claim that He had no intention that they should continue as a Church with the authority to manage His affairs in this earth.

Traditional Catholics

Griff Ruby

I focus on the "why" and "how" questions of the Faith and one`s need for the Church to overcome sin, live the life God wishes us, and to become what God wants us to be. My areas of expertise are particularly in the areas of practical morality, theology, Scripture, history, and personal problems and dilemmas that people face. It is important to bring a sense of proportion to the recent and current ecclesiastical situation that makes necessary having to add the clarification "traditional" to "Catholic," for a "traditional Catholic" today is simply what anyone would have called a "Catholic" only 60 years ago, and so on clear back to the beginning. I seek to provide insight and information such that you are then able to see for yourself the answer to your questions. Homework problems and trivia questions may be refused, and I am not interested in using Allexperts as a debating forum.

Years of extensive research, thought, and prayerful meditation on many of the issues that trouble Catholics today, taught catechetical classes to teenagers and adults, answered many questions already as Allexperts volunteer in Catholics category.

Legion of Mary, Knights of Columbus

Book: The Resurrection of the Roman Catholic Church Articles published in: DailyCatholic, The Four Marks

I have an Engineering degree from University of California, Santa Barbara, however this obviously has extremely little bearing on my expertise here other than to document the level of my education in general.

I have been an Allexperts volunteer in the category of Catholics since at least as far back as 2001, having answered over 800 questions from over 600 different people.