Transgender/Transsexual/Relationship Retreat

Question
Hello!
I am a bio female who is engaged to a transmale and we have been having some relationship difficulty. We are looking into attending a couples retreat for our anniversary this summer but to maximize our experience there and receive better counseling I was hoping for a recommendation on a retreat that has experience with the transgender community so that we feel comfortable and understood. We are in the Metro-Detroit area but are willing to travel a reasonable distance, including our surrounding area of Canada.
Thank you for your help
Natalia

Answer
Dear Natalia:

I only know of one retreat that was dedicated to couples which occurred in California many years ago.  It was a one time deal.  I suggest that you contact Transgender Michigan as they would be in the best position to provide information regarding local resources.

Their URL is http://www.transgendermichigan.org/

Wishing you the best and congratulations on your engagement.

Michael

Transgender/Transsexual

Mike Hernandez