Transgender/Transsexual/Fusion Network Request for Mike Hernandez

Question
Greetings Mike. I hope all is well with you.

I am a producer for Fusion Network’s “The Morning Show”.

On Monday 1/27, we are discussing “The transitioning of Transgenders” and the whole process behind it. In a reaction to the most recent Grantland story in which a transgender male killed himself after being exposed to the public. Being that you are an expert on the topic we feel that you would be well suited for this segment.

We can either film a pretape with you sometime tomorrow morning or we can do it live on Monday around 7:30am ET.

The interview would air live between 7:00am – 9:00am ET on Monday's show and it will be widely promoted on our social media and online platforms. Will you by any chance be available to join us either of these days to be a part of our segment?

Just a brief summary about the show and the network:
ABC and Univision have joined together in partnership to create Fusion, an English-language cable network for Millennials. Fusion is a news, pop-culture and satire TV + Digital Network for a young and diverse America (More than 70 Million Americans ages 18-34).

Our headquarters are located in Miami yet we count on multiple partners across the country. Presently, Fusion is housed in one of the most high-tech and largest newsrooms of the nation. Fusion launched on Oct. 28 with an exclusive interview with President Obama. Over 4 Million people are already following Fusion online.

“The Morning Show” is a unique blend of headlines and humor filled with a smart, edgy, and compelling angle. We air Mondays – Fridays from 7:00am to 9:00 am Eastern Time. Our hosts, Comedian Yannis Pappas, Univision reporter Mariana Atencio , & Globo journalist Pedro Andrade, will blend humor and analysis to tackle a wide variety of topics ranging from how the definition of the American Dream is changing for young Americans, to asking questions like, "is it possible to copyright a tattoo?'" to taking “Selfies" and/or “Twerking” etc….  Some of the well-known public figures we’ve had join Fusion Network are Barack Obama, Zoe Saldana, 50 Cent, Kevin Hart, Will Ferrell, Tyler Perry etc….

Please let me know if you can assist with this request. And feel free to give me a call if you need any additional details. Direct:

Omar Michaud| Talent Booker/Segment Producer | Fusion, an ABC – Univision Joint Venture |
8551 NW 30th Terrace, Doral, FL 33122
Direct:  | Work: |Email:  |  

Answer
Dear Omar:

Thank you for your kind message and request.  The timing alone renders me unable to accept your request.  I just left work after a 13 hour day and have many more ahead in the next two weeks.

I suggest that you contact GLADD (Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) in Los Angeles which is a National lesbian gay, bisexual and transgender media advocacy organization.  They may be able to get you in touch with someone capable of meeting both your timing and expertise requirements.  Their URL is http://www.glaad.org.

I believe that their telephone number is (323) 933-2240, but you may be better served by
downloading the Media Reference Guide at http://www.glaad.org/reference/contacts for their contact information.  

A friendly tip:  Your message lists the gender of the individual who committed suicide incorrectly.  I had to Google the news story to be sure.  Essay Anne Vanderbilt was born male and transitioned to female.  Therefore, she is a transwoman or transgendered woman while I am a transman.

I wish you the best and look forward to catching the show on Monday (more than likely via DVR as I'm on the West Coast.  

Mike

Transgender/Transsexual

Mike Hernandez