Transgender/Transsexual/Fusion Network Request for Transgender Expert

Question
Greetings Cheryl. I hope all is well with you.

I am a producer for Fusion Network’s “The Morning Show”.

On Monday 1/27, we are discussing “The transitioning of Transgenders” and the whole process behind it. In a reaction to the most recent Grantland story in which a transgender male killed himself after being exposed to the public. Being that you are an expert on the topic we feel that you would be well suited for this segment.

We can either film a pretape with you sometime tomorrow morning or we can do it live on Monday around 7:30am ET.

The interview would air live between 7:00am – 9:00am ET on Monday's show and it will be widely promoted on our social media and online platforms. Will you by any chance be available to join us either of these days to be a part of our segment?

Just a brief summary about the show and the network:
ABC and Univision have joined together in partnership to create Fusion, an English-language cable network for Millennials. Fusion is a news, pop-culture and satire TV + Digital Network for a young and diverse America (More than 70 Million Americans ages 18-34).

Our headquarters are located in Miami yet we count on multiple partners across the country. Presently, Fusion is housed in one of the most high-tech and largest newsrooms of the nation. Fusion launched on Oct. 28 with an exclusive interview with President Obama. Over 4 Million people are already following Fusion online.

“The Morning Show” is a unique blend of headlines and humor filled with a smart, edgy, and compelling angle. We air Mondays – Fridays from 7:00am to 9:00 am Eastern Time. Our hosts, Comedian Yannis Pappas, Univision reporter Mariana Atencio , & Globo journalist Pedro Andrade, will blend humor and analysis to tackle a wide variety of topics ranging from how the definition of the American Dream is changing for young Americans, to asking questions like, "is it possible to copyright a tattoo?'" to taking “Selfies" and/or “Twerking” etc….  Some of the well-known public figures we’ve had join Fusion Network are Barack Obama, Zoe Saldana, 50 Cent, Kevin Hart, Will Ferrell, Tyler Perry etc….

Please let me know if you can assist with this request. And feel free to give me a call if you need any additional details. Direct:

Omar Michaud| Talent Booker/Segment Producer | Fusion, an ABC – Univision Joint Venture |
8551 NW 30th Terrace, Doral, FL 33122
Direct:  | Work: |Email:  |  

Answer
Omar,

Unfortunately I will not be able to participate in your discussion regarding the Grantland story. Doing so would place myself and my family in a similar situation to the individual outed by the reporter. So regretfully I must decline. If you are still looking for someone you may want to reach out to Tri Ess at www.tri-ess.org

Thank you for your consideration.
Cheryl H.  

Transgender/Transsexual

Cheryl H