Travel in India/India in June

Question
"We are coming to India from the US for our honeymoon in June 2013.  So far, we have been advised to travel up North due to Monsoon season.

I wanted to see Kerala, the backwaters and have ayurveda treatment. The travel agent we have talked to does not recommend travel to Kerala in June.  But I found a website that said it would be good.  http://www.ecoindia.com/activities/ayurveda.html
The Hotel we are interested in is Vivanta by Taj - Kumarakom.
We are also interested in the Orange County hotel in coorg.

What is your advice?"

Answer
Hello Lara,

You can enjoy Kerala in June provided you don't mind frequent rains. It rains a lot in this season and you will experience typically warm and wet equatorial weather.

I cannot advise you about hotels since it is outside my expertise. But Vivanta must be great hotel (rest assured) since the entire Taj chain of hotels is known for its quality and hospitality. I don't know about Orange Country.

If you stay at Vivanta and focus on Ayurvedic treatments nearby then you can very much enjoy Kerala in this season. Also, there will be a lot of greenery and waterfalls around to make the experience even more fresh and full of life. However, you might need to miss out on a true backwaters experience since houseboats may not ply frequently.

In short, go for it! A good hotel and a good spa can always make sure that you get to experience the most of what Kerala has to offer during monsoons.

Bon voyage!

Abhishek

Travel in India

Abhishek Upadhyay