Travel in India/TOUR OF KERALA

Question
Dear Nilesh Ji, Namaskar
I am planning for my tour to Kerala in May-2013. I will reach Trivendrum on 23rd May and leave on 31st May. My main concern is the weather of Kerala in the end of May. Kindly also help me to plan my tour of kerala. My preference is to enjoy the places. I am not at all interested in touching so many places simply to make a list that I have visited these places. Seeing natural beauty is my preference. My wish list in Kerala is Kanyakumari, Kovalam beach, backwaters, Munnar and any other place you suggest.

Thanks in anticipation.

Answer
Dear Arun,

The monsoons hit Kerala usually in the first week of Jun. Therefore, the time you are there in Kerala is likely to be very hot and humid. You will have to put up with this or change your dates to later in the year in Dec-Jan when the weather is much more pleasant. However, these days if you can choose air conditioned hotels and cruises, you should be ok.

Hope this helps
Nilesh

Travel in India

Nilesh Korgaokar