Travel in India/TOUR OF KERALA

Dear Nilesh Ji, Namaskar
I am planning for my tour to Kerala in May-2013. I will reach Trivendrum on 23rd May and leave on 31st May. My main concern is the weather of Kerala in the end of May. Kindly also help me to plan my tour of kerala. My preference is to enjoy the places. I am not at all interested in touching so many places simply to make a list that I have visited these places. Seeing natural beauty is my preference. My wish list in Kerala is Kanyakumari, Kovalam beach, backwaters, Munnar and any other place you suggest.

Thanks in anticipation.

Dear Arun,

The monsoons hit Kerala usually in the first week of Jun. Therefore, the time you are there in Kerala is likely to be very hot and humid. You will have to put up with this or change your dates to later in the year in Dec-Jan when the weather is much more pleasant. However, these days if you can choose air conditioned hotels and cruises, you should be ok.

Hope this helps

Travel in India

Nilesh Korgaokar

budget travel in India, off-beat locations, beaches on the west coast, backpacking, travelled extensively all over India, Nepal, Tibet and China during my Army career. Willing to assist travellers, especially yougsters, in their travel plans. Recommendations, locations, etc.

Travelled in India, Nepal, Tibet and China as a volunteer for a travel agency to explore unseen areas for working out itineraries. Many of my guides are permanent features on the web-sites of travel information service providers.