Travel in India/Question

Question
Hi :-) Is it true that in India, everyone loves cricket? Do they like to play cricket themselves, or watch cricket on the television? I live in Australia and everyone loves cricket here, and I read that in India everyone loves cricket too. Is that true? Thanks heaps for your time :-) Kind Regards, from Christina :-)

Answer
Good morning Christina,
Apologies for the late reply, I couldnot check the mail for a few days.
The answer is both yes and no

yes, everyone loves cricket- in Northern and Western states of India. (Delhi, Haryana, Punjab, Mumbai, et al)
But people in South India love chess, Tennis, Squash and Badminton more. (Andhra, Kerala, Karnataka and Tamilnadu)
People in North Eastern India love football and boxing more. (Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur et al)

Indians also admire Australian cricketers especially, Steve Waugh both his cricket and cancer-charity work.
Since the inception of Indian premiere league and the accusations of match fixing, the fan-base is gradually declining though. The patriotic fervor like during matches of India vs Pakistan or India vs Australia is not longer present. Nowadays Indian watch cricket yes, but mostly for "timepass-entertainment".  

Travel in India

Mrunal