Travel with Pets/in cabin carriers for my cat

Hello Lisa,

if you please i would like to ask about best in cabin carrier for my cat . she is kind of fat 7 kg with big belly once she sits down ( has small head,big body)

the airline iam travelling with allows in cabin bags of a total 115cm ( addition of W+L+H)

have 2 bags in mind and wonder which is better for 4.40hrs

1- Bergan soft carrier, Large size  48.5L - 25.5W - 33H = 107cm
2- zoofari carrier      51L - 30.5W - 33H = 114.5 almost 115

the thing is that i couldnt find any reviews about the zoofari bags...either very new brand or not much known

would appreciate any advice which bag is better .zoofari bag looks better taking size in account but i dont know if the material is good enough!!!

thank you for your help
best regards...

thats link for the 2 bags on eBay

Hi ludovic marty, I too am clueless on this other carrier. My concern is what holds it upright. If it is rigid poles then you may find it hard to fit under some airlines seats. If it is flexible then you can. I was unable to read the description and specs since it was in another language I am not familiar with. So I think I would go with the bergan at least we both know it is flexible in height and can conform to fit under most airline seats.

Travel with Pets

Lisa Kelly

My main focus is teaching pet owners how to choose and properly prepare an airline carrier kennel for a safe and comfortable trip. I can answer any questions on the subject of purchasing an airline approved carrier or kennel. I can also answer questions on how to modify or prepare an existing pet carrier kennel to be safe and considered airline compliant. Also any questions on how to ship a pet domestically in the USA. I can not answer questions on required paperwork for importing or exporting pets internationally.

My experience includes owning and running a Luxury Cat Care Facility since 1997 - Kitty Cat Condos. While running the facility I have used my daily pet experiences to invent and develop many pet travel products, many of which are Patented. The most well known is DryFur® Travel Pads. I now run a blog dedicated to sharing free information to pet owners who are often overwhelmed with the task of traveling on airlines with their beloved pets.

ABKA - 1997-2002 IPATA 2005-2010 Presently not an active member of any Organization

Most of my articles are published on my blogs at and I have been interviewed as cat expert for an article in Animal Wellness on the subject of Choosing the right Cat Carrier for traveling. Also interviewed as pet expert on Animal Radio on the subject of how to travel with your pet safely on airlines.

High School - Evergreen High School Business - Clark College LMT - East West School of Massage Veterinary Assistant - Harcourt Learning

1. Disposable absorbent pet transport cushion-United States Patent 7231888 2. Awarded Best Cat Boarding 3 times by CatFancy Magazine in 2005-2007-2010 3. Awarded Best Pet Product by CatFancy for DryFur® Travel Pads 2005 4. Awarded Product of the Year Pet Product News for DryFur® Travel Pads 2005-2006 5. Awarded Editors Choice Product of the Year DogFancy DryFur® Travel Pads 2006 6. Awarded Best Pet Product for Airline Kennel Securing Hardware 2010