Travel to Spain/two months in spain

having to abandon taking our rather old camper,we will be arriving in Santander 5pm jan 5th, leaving Santander for Portsmouth 7th March 2014. original plan to head for Barcelona and then travel down the coastal regions in pursuit of milder climates.
Now I am struggling to re-plan with two or three destinations with accommodation. need help. now traveling in our small car covered in lettering telling the world we are painters and decorators!  we have never been to spain before or indeed traveled in such an adventurous way. hope you can help.  Susan

Hello Susan and Rupert

First, sorry for the delay with my answer

If you had an initial plan with a camper then you will probably will need little modifications, only seek for accomodations.

Your plan for  Barcelona and then down by the coast is doable, you have plenty of time, low season. Apart from hotels in the main cities along the coast you may try also rural houses

Some places you may visit along the coast or slightly inland are
Tarragona, Poblet, Morella, Peñiscola, Sagunto, Valencia, Denia, Guadalest, Alcoy, Alicante, Elche, Murcia, Cartagena, Almeria...
you may leave the coast when arrving to Murcia and drive to Granada then move around the area
Granada, Ronda, Malaga, etc..

return to Santander via Madrid, visit Sevilla if you have time and Cordoba, also in your way to the north
Consuegra, Aranjuez, Madrid, Segovia, Burgos...

Some links  

Travel to Spain

Víctor Díaz

I live in Madrid,and travel frequently to Valencia. I have also travelled to many places all over spain, if haven't been there i'd try to help anyway providing my knowledge and links. I enjoy trekking in the mountains, and know pyrinees, Picos de Europa and mountains in the center.