Travel to Spain/Madrid Airport to Hotel In Madrid By Metro

Can you advise the best way for my wife and myself with some luggage to travel from the MAD to our hotel near the Metro Station SANTO DOMINGO ?

Hello richard

Best options are metro and taxi

Taxi services now has a fixed fare from the airport to the center of madrid, included your destination, i think it's 30 euros. Don't accept extra charges for suitcases or airport pick up, this has been changed this year to make this service more trasnparent to the user.
It's a good option if you are tired and your luggage is heavy.

By Metro
Two tickets + two extra fares for airport stations
metro zona A + airport suplement  5euros each
if you plan to use the metro more times then a 10 travel ticket (metrobus valid for metro zone A and local buses) cost 12,20  valid for both + 3 euros for airport extra each
Metro zona A is the cty of Madrid, it's unlikely that you travel by metro out of this zone A to the metropolitan area.

i disagree with the recommended route given by metro website, as you are travelling with luggage
a bit unconfortable as it means walking from Pza España to Noviciado and then to Santo domingo
Santo Domingo is not too far from Plaza de España station, it's better to exit at that station and walk to your hotel by the street.

There are elevators in all the stations, in Plaza de España is a bit difficult to use the elevators from the L10 platforms to street level, i haven't managed to do that yet, and you will probably have to use scalators there at least to the entrance of the metro and from there elevator to the surface.

The connection Pza España -> Noviciado is a long corridor and a few scalators in the opposite direction to Santo Domingo to then take L2 to Santo Domingo for just one station. And there are no scalators or elevators at that old station, but it's close to the street level. You will spend walking PzaEsp->Noviciado as much time as if you exit at Pza España and walk to your hotel.

recommended route is L8 to Nuevos Ministerios, the L10 to Plaza España then walk to your hotel.

I hope this helps.  

Travel to Spain

Víctor Díaz

I live in Madrid,and travel frequently to Valencia. I have also travelled to many places all over spain, if haven't been there i'd try to help anyway providing my knowledge and links. I enjoy trekking in the mountains, and know pyrinees, Picos de Europa and mountains in the center.