Trees/leaking tree!

Duke Moses wrote at 2009-03-25 02:31:46
We have the same situation with our river birchs in greenville sc.  A few days after the snow and rain they started leaking water and haven't stopped yet.  Unbelievable, I never seen this happen before.  I guess the drought's over.

Regards

JKR wrote at 2010-03-07 21:46:08
Our River Birch is doing this now.  Last night the water froze and we had an icicle hanging off the tree.  Murfreesboro, Tn

ian wrote at 2012-03-22 08:45:56
I have the same issue. I can not belive how much water is dripping out! A constand drip. I just cut a limb off my tree so everything makes sense. Mine is a dogwood and it is also leakin about ten feet up. It is a warm spring followed by a lot of precepitaion the past year. Thanks!

Joan Engskow wrote at 2015-03-11 18:30:21
I have the same water leak in my river birch that happened after I had an old diseased water oak cut down. I wondered if it was crying? The tree keeps dripping now for a week. Can't tell if the attached second main trunk was pushed sideways a little after some strong wind gusts days prior.  

(Hard to explain to the tree that the water oak lived a good life & it should just let it go!  )

Now there is your humor for the day

Trees

Jim Hyland