Trees/leaking tree!

Duke Moses wrote at 2009-03-25 02:31:46
We have the same situation with our river birchs in greenville sc.  A few days after the snow and rain they started leaking water and haven't stopped yet.  Unbelievable, I never seen this happen before.  I guess the drought's over.

JKR wrote at 2010-03-07 21:46:08
Our River Birch is doing this now.  Last night the water froze and we had an icicle hanging off the tree.  Murfreesboro, Tn

ian wrote at 2012-03-22 08:45:56
I have the same issue. I can not belive how much water is dripping out! A constand drip. I just cut a limb off my tree so everything makes sense. Mine is a dogwood and it is also leakin about ten feet up. It is a warm spring followed by a lot of precepitaion the past year. Thanks!

Joan Engskow wrote at 2015-03-11 18:30:21
I have the same water leak in my river birch that happened after I had an old diseased water oak cut down. I wondered if it was crying? The tree keeps dripping now for a week. Can't tell if the attached second main trunk was pushed sideways a little after some strong wind gusts days prior.  

(Hard to explain to the tree that the water oak lived a good life & it should just let it go!  )

Now there is your humor for the day

Jim Hyland

I am an expert in Forestry, Forest Entomology, Forest Pest Control, and Forest Health. Extensive knowledge in Identification of insects and diseases of trees. Expert on Bark beetles and other insects that attack forests. Also a Registrated Forester with extensive knowledge in the management and care of forests.

34 years as State Pest Management Chief in a Southern state. Extensive knowledge in Forestry.

BS with major in Forest Management and Entomology
Registered Forester
Certified Pesticide Appicator