Trees/fungus on oak tree

vincent wrote at 2012-11-18 23:42:31
better go look at what lichen does to a shingle before you say its harmless, it pulls the granuals off as it grows and ruins the shingle it is the worst growth to have on a roof

Kelly wrote at 2015-05-29 20:16:47
I have the same thing on the trees in my yard except that it has spread to many of the trees and the ones that have it are dying.  Most of them have had very little leaf growth this year.  Does that mean it is too late to save them?

Jim Hyland

I am an expert in Forestry, Forest Entomology, Forest Pest Control, and Forest Health. Extensive knowledge in Identification of insects and diseases of trees. Expert on Bark beetles and other insects that attack forests. Also a Registrated Forester with extensive knowledge in the management and care of forests.

34 years as State Pest Management Chief in a Southern state. Extensive knowledge in Forestry.

BS with major in Forest Management and Entomology
Registered Forester
Certified Pesticide Appicator