Trees/pin oak tree weeping sap

Virginia wrote at 2013-01-09 03:57:35
I had the same situation with a pin oak about 7-8 years ago. I had no idea what to do, but ever time I would water my other plants I would water into the hole for a good bit. After a couple of months one time I started watering and I noticed a wormy thing had appeared in the hole. I picked up a stick and got him out and stepped on him to his death. I continued watering the hole from time to time and it began to heal. It beginning drying out, closing up, and now there is only a nice scar that I can see. If it fits.

Jim Hyland

I am an expert in Forestry, Forest Entomology, Forest Pest Control, and Forest Health. Extensive knowledge in Identification of insects and diseases of trees. Expert on Bark beetles and other insects that attack forests. Also a Registrated Forester with extensive knowledge in the management and care of forests.

34 years as State Pest Management Chief in a Southern state. Extensive knowledge in Forestry.

BS with major in Forest Management and Entomology
Registered Forester
Certified Pesticide Appicator